Sunday, May 26, 2013

My initial post

  I have decided to start a personal blog, a common thing that many people do in the twenty-first century. I consider it as a place where I can share musings, mostly about genealogical topics I am researching (allowing me to tag subjects online). But I also hope it can be a place where, from time to time, I can ruminate on other topics of interest.
   
   Those who know me know that I suffer occasional bouts of insomnia.  In colonial times, when lives followed hours of sunlight, many people went to bed very early at night. They would awake in the middle of the night for an hour or two, write in their journals, eat, have intimate time, etc., and then go back to sleep. I read once that this was Thomas Jefferson's regular practice. Unfortunately, our modern schedules are less forgiving.

     Anyway, here I go. I'm not sure where it will lead, but life is an adventure, even within the confines of genealogy and history.
   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment